Developing fundamental skills, building confidence and inspiring a lifelong love of athletics sit at the heart of our schools' programme.
How? By providing facilities and activities within schools in areas of high deprivation that everyone can access and join in.
- Lively, engaging after-school clubs in primary schools dedicated to ‘run, jump, throw’ activity, developing fundamental movement and sports skills, and setting firm foundations for a lifetime of physical activity.
- Training for primary school teachers to deliver fun-packed athletics sessions as part of PE, giving all children the chance to build physical confidence and competence and enjoy a sense of achievement.
- After-school athletics taster sessions, leadership training and coaching qualifications in secondary schools giving disadvantaged young people the opportunity to achieve more than might otherwise be possible.
Funding and Support
If your school is in a deprived area and you believe that your pupils could benefit from being involved in one of our programmes then please contact us to register your interest.Get in touch
With clubs and community organisations
Getting more children and young people moving by making athletics more accessible and inclusive inspires our clubs and community programme.
How? By supporting clubs and local organisations to reach and engage disadvantaged children and young people in their own communities, inspiring them to get more active through athletics and working with other organisations to better understand and address barriers that stop them from joining in.
- Support for clubs and community organisations to establish satellite athletics hubs in community venues, parks and open spaces familiar to local young people, putting club athletics within reach.
- Community-based athletics programmes giving socially excluded children and young people the opportunity to discover the joys of athletics in a non-club, relaxed environment.
Funding and Support
If the children and young people within your club or community could benefit from being involved in one of our programmes then please get in touch.Get in touch
For young leaders
Opening up a world of volunteer and career possibilities for young people drives our young leaders' programme.
How? By providing subsidised training for young people to pursue athletics coaching and officiating qualifications.
- Financial support for clubs, community organisations and charities to make training, coaching and leadership courses and qualifications a reality for young people who would otherwise miss out.
- After-school athletics leadership training and coaching qualifications in secondary schools giving disadvantaged young people the opportunity to achieve more than might otherwise be possible.